• Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
• Manual labour such as digging, planting, pruning.
• Examine produce for quality and prepare for market.
• Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
• Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
• Load products into trucks and/or drive trucks to market/storage
• Setup/inspect/repair irrigation system and equipment
• Maintenance and repair of farm buildings, machinery and equipment
• Keep irrigation ditches clear and well maintained
• Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the proper selection and application method of pesticides and fertilizers
• Communicate with farm supervisors, managers and owners regarding crop progress and issues that may arise
• Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are strictly followed
• Perform general farm duties as needed.
• The ability to take initiative and handle whatever situation that may arise.
• Must be flexible in nature in order to roll with ever-changing conditions.
• Must know how to get people working together and enable teamwork.
• No specific educational requirements
• On the job training will be provided.