Looking for someone to work as soon as possible on our rural family farm located NW-21-20-27 W3. Our operation includes livestock combination farming, hay farming, beef cattle ranching and feedlot, grain, oil and forage crops. Our working conditions involve working outdoors, handling heavy loads, is physically demanding and overtime required.
The candidate that we would consider would need to have the following skills:
– No formal education required, 2-3 years cattle experience in a herd of more than 500 animals
-Plant and cultivate crops, harvest crops, feed and tend animals, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens, detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry, perform general farm duties
– Equipment experience: Swather, tractor, loader, sprayer, seed drill, manure spreader, farm truck, haying equipment, combine harvester and forage equipment
– be organized, flexible, a team player, have good oral communication skills, good judgement and effective interpersonal skills.
– be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle
– must have a valid drivers licence
– maintain work records and logs
– Ability to read, write, and orally communicate in English