Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
NOC Group: Other Labourers in Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities (9619)
NOC Job Title: General Labourer – Manufacturing
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 5R5 Canada
Number of Hours: 35 Hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours per week.
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment.
- Inspect panel-boards, shingles and similar wood products visually for knots, holes, splits, straightness and other defects.
- Pulling and piling wood from moving transfer chains consistent with specific order requirements.
- May clean and lubricate equipment, and replace parts as necessary.
- Work effectively to meet or exceed productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards.
- Collect and dispose garbage and operate trash compactor.
- Examine lumber visually for knots, holes, splits and other defects and sort for further drying, trimming and re-manufacturing.
- Classify and sort lumber according to industry standards and stamp lumber to indicate grade, wood type, moisture level and other characteristics.
- Check materials and products.
- Sort, pack, crate and package material and products.
- Mark defects and sort for repair or reprocessing.
- Measure wood products to ensure conformance to specifications using standard measuring instruments.
- Grade and label wood products according to quality standards.
- Some High School education may be required.
- No experience required, as on the job training will be provided.
- The position is full-time, but in case a fixed Part-time Schedule is provided by the applicant; they are welcomed to apply.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: