Our client, Swan Lake First Nation is seeking a General Manager of Enterprises to work collaboratively with the Enterprise Board to lead the overall operations of their multiple business entities located in Swan Lake and Headingley, MB.
Reporting to the Enterprise Board, General Manager’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for each business unit’s financial and operational functions. Working with the management teams at each location, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in multiple business units
- Financial – Review financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve efficiency. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of each business unit and the First Nation as a whole.
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to quality and consistency. Ensure adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures.• Human Resources – Assist in recruitment and development of staff; establish organizational structure; delegate tasks and accountabilities. Monitor and evaluate performance in partnership with each business unit manager.
- Communication – Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, and Finance. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Strategic Input – in collaboration with the Enterprise Board, the Director of Operations and the business unit manager, assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Analyze and interpret data from various sources to assist in identifying action plans for improvement.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operations and financial reporting
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Knowledge of Employment Standards & best practices
- Developed computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and vehicle
Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to the success of the First Nation and their mission• Hands-on management style with the ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel
- Advanced presentation and written and verbal communication skills, Indigenous language skills considered an asset
- Strong business acumen, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Excels in a community environment by seeing situations from several points of view
- Open to direction with a collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Strong attention to detail and a readiness to continually look for ways to improve productivity
- Must be able to travel to enterprise locations
If you would like more information about this position or Swan Lake First Nation, please visit http://bit.ly/SLFN-GME or contact Lisa Cefali, Partner, Executive Search & Strategic Development at (204) 934 8833.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as a General Manager of Enterprises, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #173207.