- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
General Studies Instructor
GENERAL STUDIES INSTRUCTOR
Full-Time Term Position: August 20, 2018 to June 20, 2019
Oxford House, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: The UCN Oxford House Regional Centre is looking for a General Studies instructor. The Instructor will act as a Student Mentor throughout the program. Some evening instruction may be required.
- A Bachelor of Education Degree with a Valid Manitoba Teaching Permit, consideration may be given to individuals with undergraduate degree with experience teaching mature student learners
- Strong professional and academic background that indicates ability to teach Math, English, Computers and Science
- Knowledge of current theories, principles and practices of adult education
- Ability to teach First Nation learners and adjust to unique learning styles
- Managing result and change
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand cultural influences and issues specific to adult learners in northern communities and adapt to small and remote community lifestyles
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal cultures
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Minimum three years teaching experience
- Knowledge and experience with learning technologies in a college or university setting
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and copies of their transcripts with their application.
Applicants must demonstrate on their résumé how they meet the qualifications.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 18-055
Closing Date: July 6, 2018
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: email@example.com (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: