Title: Geomatics technician – aerial surveys
Employer: Monteith & Sutherland Ltd.
NOC Code : 2254 – Land survey technologists and technicians
Wage : $24.00 / hour
Hours: 40 to 48 hours / week
Anticipated Start Date: 2016-09-26
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent. Overtime, Weekend Working hours from 07:00 to 15:30
Additional job requirements: Determine precise geographic locations using global positioning system (GPS0 equipment, Total station operation.
Monteith & Sutherland have been providing wide range of engineering geomatics services throughout Ontario for over 50 years. We are reputable and well recognised experts in high precision engineering surveys, including deformation monitoring, tunnel surveying and in establishment of any-scale geodetic horizontal and vertical control networks.
Monteith & Sutherland employees take great pride in a cultivating and maintaining a harmonious and all-inclusive environment, the successful candidate will not only join our team as a geomatics specialist but also a valued member of the Monteith & Sutherland family. We are looking for a reliable and honest person with a positive attitude, who has a respect for diversity and has the ability to work as part of a team.
The main duties will be the following:
- Preparation and Quality Assurance of control coordinates, engineering plans, maintenance and calibration of survey instruments and UAVs, data transfers, accurate and concise field notes
- Coordination of subcontractors (Traffic Management and Paid Duty Police).
- Maintain positive interaction, high work ethics and morale within the survey crew.
- Lead teams of 2-3 personnel in a range of engineering surveys specifically relating to UAV photogrammetry, engineering geomatics, and precise settlement monitoring.
- UAV photogrammetry includes long range photo surveys, utility and property mapping, HD video recording/editing, and 3D modelling.
- Engineering geomatics tasks includes precise layout, audits, and verification of heavy construction features such as building facilities and tunnel structures.
- Precise settlement monitoring includes 1D and 3D monitoring of Settlement Monitoring Points (SMPs), Building Monitoring Points (BMP), and long-range Deep Benchmarks stability loops.
Work Location Information
515 Milner Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M1B 2K9
Qualities of Applicant
- Attention to detail including comprehensive field notes records
- Clear and concise communication
- Ability to work under pressure and work night shifts
- Experience with HD Laser Scanners is an asset
- Tunnel survey experience is an asset
- Enthusiastic team worker
- Minimum 5-years of precise engineering surveys as Survey Party Chief
- Bachelor degree in the field of Geomatics Engineering
- Eligible for registration as O.A.C.E.T.T. C.Tech/C.E.T. in the Geomatics Field
- UAV Pilot Certificate (Ontario)
- Experience operating survey grade UAVs
- Experience operating Leica precision survey instruments including Viva GPS and TPS, and DNA levels.
- Driver’s licence
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of UAV applications in the geomatics field
- Demonstrate knowledge and competency in coordinating precise survey networks
- Demonstrate knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Demonstrate knowledge of Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7 and its application to survey environments
Security and Safety
The successful candidate will be trained by Monteith & Sutherland for WHMIS, Ministry of Labour Worker Awareness, and Working at Heights.
- Competitive Health Insurance Benefits
- Cell phone
Contact: Aleks Kubilius
Business Address: 515 Milner Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M1B 2K9
Business Telephone: (six-four-seven) 349-6640
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 /hour
- Experience operating Leica precision survey instruments including Viva GPS and TPS, and DNA levels: 5 years
- Experience operating survey grade UAVs: 1 year
- Precise engineering surveys as Survey Party Chief: 5 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- Driver’s licence
- UAV Pilot Certificate