Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
NOC Group: Glaziers (7292)
Future Tech Glass & Closet Organizers LTD
12146 86 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 3H8 Canada
- Cut, assemble, fit and attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solariums, and other structures.
- Install pre-assembled metal or wood framework for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
- Load and arrange glass and mirrors onto delivery trucks, using suction cups or cranes to lift glass.
- Measure, cut, fit and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solutions to prevent light glare.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine size, shape, color, type and thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, and staging and scaffolding materials required.
- Grind and polish glass, smooth edges when necessary.
- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines.
- Score glass with cutters’ wheels, breaking off excess glass by hand or with notch tool.
- Confer with customers to determine project requirements and provide cost estimates.
- Move furniture to clear work sites and cover floors or furnishing with drop cloths.
- Completion of HIgh School
- 3 to 4 years work related experience as a glazier
- Attention to detail and able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to read blueprints and proficient with Computers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Physically fit and strong is an asset.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: