Graphic Design RFP
Olthuis, Kleer, Townshend LLP (OKT) seeks a graphic design firm or individual to contract out for services and to retain as a primary graphic designer for the firm. The Designer is to maintain and enhance OKT’s current brand and to produce visually compelling print and digital designs and templates for in-house use by OKT staff, collateral materials such a brochures, pamphlets, etc., graphics for client presentations (for digital and print materials, i.e. foamcore displays), and other materials as may be needed.
OKT is a law firm. We are a forceful advocate for Aboriginal and treaty rights. We find creative solutions to protect Indigenous rights using all the tools of Canadian law. Our broad expertise includes modern land claim negotiations and implementation, litigation, situations involving the duty to consult and accommodate, and many others.
We’re here to work for Indigenous communities to help them get the most out of the Canadian legal system.
We understand the practical challenges that Indigenous governments, organizations, and people face when dealing with Canadian law- whether that’s in the courts, in the boardroom, or at the negotiating table.
We work with Indigenous nations and organizations across Canada, and we make it a priority to hire Indigenous people at all levels of the firm.
The following section covers the two areas of need for graphic design services that require a consistent approach.
Develop an array of simple letterheads for different audiences.
Develop a simple business card that is consistent with OKT’s image
Expectations and Deliverables
The Designer shall provide the following:
1. Designer is conscious of OKT’s image and area of legal practice and keeps that image in mind when designing or updating materials for each area of need.
2. Proven graphic designing experience with a strong portfolio
3. Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
4. Designer to provide concept design, production, copyrighting and editing
5. Designer is able to set and meet deadlines.
6. Designer is consistent, responsive, flexible and available.
7. Designer has knowledge of print design and can show their portfolio.
8. Designer is clear with timelines and possible cost overruns, should they arise.
9. Designer is to deliver graphic-design material that in future may include brochures, email
templates, advertisements, flyers, email newsletter templates, and various other graphic and
visual projects, as needed by OKT.
10. Upon acceptance of each design or concept, OKT will retain all intellectual property rights. OKT
will have the ability to use the designs in any additional materials that they see fit.
Proposals must include, at a minimum, the following information:
1. Experience/Qualifications of the Graphic Design Professional – Provide a resume
2. Examples of Quality of Work – Provide a description of relevant past projects and examples of
prior work and materials (please provide a portfolio of related work).
3. Proposed Fees/Expenses – Proposals shall clearly state all fees and expenses to be charged in
the performance of all services.
4. Designer/Firm References – Provide the names and contact information for three client
references. We reserve the right to contact the references provided without prior notification
to the designer.
Preference will be given to Indigenous designers/businesses.
August 23 2019 Eastern Time
Note: Submissions will be reviewed immediately following the deadline. Applicants will be notified of
selection by the August 30 or earlier.