Hoe! Hoe! Hoe! Gardening Services Ltd. is seeking a Ground Maintenance Supervisor (NOC 8255) for their Vancouver location. We now offer a full-time, all-year around position to start immediately. Terms are Monday to Friday, 35 – 40 hours per week. Pay is $23.08 per hour, paid semi- weekly. Employees accumulate vacation time on the basis of two weeks paid vacation each year. Clothing, weather and safety equipment are provided. Overtime compensation is paid at a rate of 1.5 times the regular hourly wage. Hoe! Offers a comprehensive medical plan, training courses and observance of municipal, provincial and national stat holidays.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of ground maintenance labourers and occasionally perform the same duties as workers supervised;
- Assign duties to the workers and train and mentor new employees;
- Oversee and assist in the planning and constructing landscaped environments, including all ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, lawns and softscape features;
- Oversee and assist in the planting residential and commercial lawns and gardens;
- Oversee and assist in the installation of paving stone patios, walkways, driveways, ponds and water features and in the installation of flagstone and other natural stone patios, walkways, and pool decks;
- Layout sites using laser levels and other equipment;
- Repair and maintain landscape equipment and ensure all safety standards are upheld at all times.
Location of employment: Vancouver Mainland
- Must have completed high school and some gardener classes;
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Landscaping;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable driving a panel truck;
- Must be able to pick up and handle up to 23 kg (50lbs);
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions;
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English;
- Personal Suitability: Team player, Dependability, Organized, Client focus, Flexibility, Effective interpersonal skills, Reliability;
- Equipment and Machinery Experience: Tractor, Sprayer or duster, Small engine equipment, Pick-up truck, Chain saw.