Company: 612645 Alberta Ltd. O/A CTC Golf and Turf
Business information: Our company handles complex turf installation and renovation projects (golf courses, athletic field turf, parks, drainage). We also handle golf course renovation and construction.
Business address: 201 10532 178 Street, Edmonton, AB T5S 2J1
Work Location: Different clients’ locations in Western Canada depending on the projects assigned
Type of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal
Estimated Start Date: May 1st, 2017
This is a seasonal position from May 1st, 2017 to November 30th, 2017 (7 months)
- Plan and direct grounds maintenance
- Organize and direct planting of trees, gardens and lawns
- Organize and direct construction of fences, decks and walls
- Plan, manage and supervise landscape construction work
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who work in lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, parks and other landscaped areas
- Tender bids on contracts for landscaping and grounds maintenance work
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Hire, supervise and schedule staff
- Plan and estimate labour and materials
- Maintain work records and logs
- Tender and administer contracts
- Read blueprints and drawings
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourer is required. In the event that the candidate does not have 2 years of experience as a Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Labourer then specialized courses or industry-related training and certification in landscaping and/or horticulture are required.
-Experience reading/interpreting blue prints is required
-Experience as a crew chief in golf construction bunker/drainage is an asset
-Experience operating light/medium and heavy duty construction equipment and machinery is an asset
-Experience using laser guided equipment is an asset
-Experience using electronic measurement tools is an asset
Salary: $22.00 to $23.00 hourly, 40 – 60 hours per week
Benefits: Safety gear provided
Work schedule will be Monday to Saturday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Sundays and long weekends off. 30-minute lunch break with 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes.
Hours of work may vary depending on the weather, raining limits our normal schedule. Employee will always work a minimum of 30 hours regardless of the weather condition.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail to: Suite 182, #14, 9977 – 178st Edmonton, AB T5T 6J6
Apply by fax: (780) 484-5621