M SQUARE HAIR STUDIO
Business Address: 9855 Austin Rd, Burnaby, BC V3J 0B4
Salary: $17.00/Hour for 40 hours/week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Hairstylists and Barbers (6271)
NOC Job Title: Hairstylist
- Lougheed Town Centre 9855 Austin Rd Burnaby, British ColumbiaV3J 0B4
- Highstreet Shopping Centre 3122 Mount Lehman Rd, Abbotsford, BC V4X 2M9
- Central City Shopping Centre 10153 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3T 2W1
- Unit 130 10691 Shellbridge Way Richmond BC V6X 2W8
M Square Hair Studio is currently looking for 4 Hair Stylists to join immediately in four different cities in lower mainland. Job offered is full-time and permanent. Workers in any of those areas are encouraged to apply immediately.
- Cut, trim, blend and style hair and perform related services using various hair cutting tools
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
- Plan desired effect by studying facial features; examining potential styles; conferring with customer; making recommendations.
- Curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Produce desired effect by arranging, shaping, curling, cutting, trimming, setting, bleaching, dyeing, and tinting hair
- Apply hair extensions
- Shampoo and rinse hair
- Shave and trim beards and moustaches
- Maintains supplies by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Clean and style wigs and weaves
- Calculate and receive payments and enter/record them into the system
- Greet clients and maintain friendly environment all the time
- Some secondary school education is required.
- 2-3 years of full-time experience as professional hair stylist is required or Completion of a 2-3 year hairstyling apprenticeship program or Completion of a college or other program in hairstyling combined with 6-12 months of training is required.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Physical mobility, able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
As per BC Employment standards act, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid.
We encourage part-timers to apply as well. Canadians/Permanent residents are encouraged to apply from all over Canada as we may take telephonic and video conference interview too. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to apply
Please apply with a resume and cover letter through
Mail: 9855 Austin Rd Burnaby, British Columbia V3J 0B4