Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
NOC Group: Hairstylists and Barbers (6271)
NOC Job Title: Hairdresser
6828 128 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 4C9 Canada
Number of Hours: 35 per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
- Keep work station clean and sanitized tools such as scissors and combs.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers’ instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Recommend hair styles based on popular trends and answer questions regarding trends and styles.
- Mix appropriate amount of hair coloring or bleaching chemicals by following safe practices.
- Take telephone calls and schedule appointments.
- Wash, perm, color, streak as per clients’ request or provided suggestions to the clients.
- Operate cash registers to receive payments from patrons.
- Apply water, setting, straightening or waving solutions to hair and use curlers, rollers, hot combs and curling irons to press and curl hair.
- Comb, brush and spray hair or wigs to set style.
- Provide training to new hires and supervise them during work hours.
- Completion of High School is required.
- Completion of a College or Hairdressing Program is required or several years’ of work experience.
- Be able to work long hours on your feet
- Pay attention to small details
- Listen closely to the clients’ wants and needs
- Keep up with the latest beauty trends
- be able to full instruction
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: