Company: 1971618 Ontario Inc. / Lift Salon Inc.
Business information: Lift Salon is beauty and hair salon. We offer all hair care needs to our clients: straightening, digital perming, haircutting, barbering, and styling. Coloring, extensions, make-up, highlighting, Japanese straightening, ombre, balayage, color correction, double process blondes
Business address: 179 King St. East, Toronto, ON M5A 1J4
Work Location: 179 King St. East, Toronto, ON M5A 1J4
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
– Clean and style wigs and hairpieces,
– Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair,
– Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determines style from client’s instructions and preferences,
– Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair,
– Apply for hair extensions,
– Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences,
– Shave and trim beards and mustaches,
– Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages,
– Apply hair coloring techniques such as color, color glossing, ombre, balayage, color correction, double process blondes
– Apply hair styling techniques such as blow drying, hair braiding, iron waving/curling, permanents, extensions, twisting, locking, relaxing, spiking, pin curls, roller settings, digital perming and Japanese hair straightening,
– Train junior stylist in special techniques specific to Asian hair,
– Book appointments,
– Shampoo customers’ hair,
– Maintain and order supplies.
– Some secondary school education is required.
– Completion of a 2 or 3 years hairstyling apprenticeship program or completion of college or another program in hairstyling combined with on-the-job training is required. Several years of experience may replace formal education and training.
– Having the trade certification for hairstylists or be willing to obtain it as soon as possible is required.
– Knowledge of hairstyling techniques as digital perming and Japanese hair straightening is a strong asset as we receive many Asian customers who require these specific services.
– Physical capabilities: manual dexterity, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination, standing for extended periods.
– Language: speak Japanese is an asset as we receive many customers who are Japanese and do not speak English.
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 hourly, 38 Hours per week.
Work schedule: Monday: 11 am to 5 pm, Tuesday: 11 am to 6 pm, Wednesday: 11 am to 6 pm, Thursday: 11 am to 8 pm, Friday: 11 am to 8 pm, Saturday: 10am to 3pm. Flexibility in schedule is required: availability according to clients’ appointments. Overtime may be required.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 179 King St. East, Toronto, ON M5A 1J4