- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
Head of Retail Business Banking : 00008NZ9
Head of Retail Business Banking : 00008NZ9
Employment Type: Regular
Small Business (Retail Business Banking) plays a significant role in driving the economic health of most markets around the world and represents the vast majority of businesses in any economy.
For HSBC Canada, Small Business is defined as commercial entities with annual turnover less than 5m CAD. The target market composed by these definitions is called RBB in this document.
Main responsibilities include:
- RBB customer propositions development and management
- RBB products development and management, including risk related matter and P&L
- Channel development for target market, even if internal provider in different area
- Anticipate issues that could impact the business
- Shape sales / strategies to meet future challenges
- Creative in the development of solutions and is able to deploy these seamlessly across the business
- Brings innovation to business problems and performance challenges
- Align and manage RBB sales initiatives and sales resourcing
- Overall RBB customer experience
Assisting with the development of a culture that has ‘treating customers fairly’ at its core, is focused on customer experience and the professionalism of our service proposition while achieving appropriate standards for credit, audit, financial crime compliance, regulatory compliance and operating risk. Align the development of policies and procedures for the business to establish strong governance.
Manage relationships with key stakeholders in other business functions within RBWM, as well as in other LOB (lines of business) and Global Functions.
Representing HSBC internally and externally as Head Retail Business Banking.
Impact on the Business
- Develop and deploy an effective acquisition and retention strategy to increase HSBC’s market share and gain a larger share of wallet.
- Propose, implement and manage tactical sales and service campaigns (including budget management/reconciliation) to support growth and achievement of RBB plan in terms of income and customer experience
- Execute and adapt Customer Experience plans to drive improvements.
- Support the sales leadership team by cross-pollenating sales best practices across and between regions, along with leading/participating in regional initiatives that result in higher returns.
- Understand current economic trends and its impact on HSBC, and identify key levers to capitalize on opportunities or minimize downside exposure.
- Implementing change for strategic business sales / opportunities that significantly improve business performance
- Mobilize resources in support of change delivery such as business re-organizations.
- Manage and drive the professionalization and accreditation (as required) of the RBB team
Customers / Stakeholders
- Front line support sales support for escalated issues
- Driving and directing sales performance through sales coaching
- Facilitate the roll-out of any new products ensuring that implementation happens within the agreed budgets and timelines across assigned country
- Enhance the bank’s image in the marketplace to build key relationships with third parties and establish HSBC as the “Best Place To Bank.”
- Liaise and work with other areas and segments of the bank to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for the customers, employees and the Bank.
- Driving efficient, accurate and timely processing of client requests and transactions
- Effective dialogue with all stakeholders across RBWM and the Group.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Promote and improve Employee Engagement by use of action planning from Global People Survey / Pulse results and any other vehicle measuring Employee Engagement
- Ensure the structured, continuous learning and development programs and accreditation frameworks provided by the bank are fully embraced and used
- To lead, develop enhanced capabilities/achievements and coach direct reports.
- To display courageous integrity in all dealings – lead by example.
- Promote a collective culture to spread experience & best practice i.e. mentoring.
- Effective and continuous dialogue with direct reports and ensure continuous dialogue amongst all internal stakeholders.
- Development of an appropriate succession plan
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure Global Standard levels of Financial Crime Compliance in the RBB business
- Ensure the determination of appropriate operating budgets, coupled with effective control.
- Driving all internal reviews and/or ensuring external regulatory requirements are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitoring the consistent application of Group policy and procedures, and adoption of best practice
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ensuring that RBB’s proposition, pricing, products and channels are best positioned versus our competitors to increase market share and shareholder return
- Ensuring the opportunities of HSBC’s distribution network are fully leveraged
- Influencing key decisions and effectively communicating cross-segments to establish the necessary infrastructure to support the long-term business goals
- Creating shared objectives with partners to deliver results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Create and enhance HSBCs image in the external market to derive a ‘superior’ bank position in the RBB market.
- Against a backdrop of fierce and increasing competition, the bank seeks to grow its business through acquisition of quality new customers, retention of quality existing customers, lending growth and improving average returns per customer.
- We will achieve this by aligning our distribution directly with our principal customer groups, and ensuring a coordinated multi-channel delivery within a highly focused environment, which recognizes the customer, and regulatory demand for increased specialism and continually increasing levels of professional competence: becoming the best place to bank for our customers, and the best place to work for our employees.
- In achieving these aims, and retaining a strong culture of operational integrity and cost control, we will deliver revenue streams that expand at a faster rate than costs, and meet shareholder demands for positive jaws performance.
Management of Risk
- Shall be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that risk standards are in accordance with the Group Standards Manual (GSM) and appropriate Function Instructional Manuals (FIMs). Robust local risk policies Business Instruction Manuals (BIMs) to be in place and reviewed regularly for their ongoing adequacy.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the financial crime, regulatory and operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
- Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or
- Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- This is a new role with the intent that the jobholder defines and delivers a business plan that will grow the customer base from 15k (migrated from existing business direct) to 50k customers, sustainable revenue streams from CAD5m to CAD77m, with PBT contribution of $20m+ at year 5 of the strategy.
- The jobholder will have responsibility for establishing a team to build the business case, define the strategy and ultimately execute. Resourcing requirements will inevitably shift over time but the expectation would be that the jobholder would have c 23 direct FTE and have responsibility for at least part of the objectives of c 70 FTE at end state.
- Knowledge of the Retail or Commercial Banking market specifically relating to Canada, including the competitive landscape.
- Complex and comprehensive understanding of the financial and commercial drivers’ key to strategic decision making.
- Proven ability, with a successful record in:
- Relationship management
- Ability to think broadly and strategically rather than focus on short term, local challenges.
- Ability to translate Group strategy into a strategic vision for the region and to plot a route map for the business to deliver through greater connectivity across customer groups and geographies.
- A detailed understanding of the importance of return as well as revenue growth.
- Aptitude for authentically engaging a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver at pace.
- Strengthen the understanding of risk management by incorporating risk considerations in all activities.
- Some credit background with appraisal and analysis experience.
- Politically savvy and able to form collaborative working arrangements with peers.
- Comfortable in initiating, tough conversations and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to cut through barriers to free up our customer-facing teams.
- Garners support for transformational business goals.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to navigate through and deliver in changing strategic and commercial contexts.
- Ambitious for self and team and passionate about people development to stretch their outlook, build capability and elevate their performance ambitions.
- Highly developed planning and organizational skills
- Honed analytical skills, with a strong emphasis on problem solving and strategic thinking.
- Adaptable, flexible, with a self-initiated approach to change and developing market demands and opportunities
Job Field : Retail / Branch Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 26-Jan-2017, 11:13:55 Unposting Date : 02-Feb-2017, 23:59:00
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: