Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
JOB START DATE
As soon as possible
$27.00/hour for 40 hours a week
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Permanent, Full time
• Availability to work in a variety of shifts and at the weekends
Extended Health Benefits
• Perform preventive maintenance on heavy vehicles like bulldozers, cranes and heavy trucks.
• Check trucks for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand power tools
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets desired specifications
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
• Perform repair works on heavy trucks and trailers
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND PERSONAL SUITABILITY
• Open to learn new techniques and technologies
• Work independently or as a member of team
• Physical strength to lift heavy equipment
• Mechanical and mathematical aptitude
• Problem detecting and solving skills
• Detail oriented
Security and Safety
Maintaining a safe workplace environment should be at the priority. Safety equipment and devices must always be used and worn while at work.
The work is physically demanding and involves heavy lifting. You would work with grease, oil, dirt and diesel fuel, and may be exposed to fumes and noise.
Candidate should be legally entitled to work in Canada. We also welcome new immigrants, aboriginals and youth.
Education & Experience requirements
2-3 years of experience in relevant work
EMPLOYER: ARA Truck & Trailer Repair Ltd.
WORK LOCATION & EMPLOYER ADDRESS:
Rd #2 2344 Peardonville Road,
V2T 6J7, Canada
HOW TO APPLY:
By Email: email@example.com
By FAX: 778-856-1736
By Mail: PO Box. 13068 RPO Highstreet,
Abbotsford, BC, V2T 0C4 Canada