- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Manitoba NationTalk
Heavy Equipment Operator Supervisor
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Construction Equipment Crews (7217)
NOC Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operators Supervisor
7655 155TH STREET
SURREY, British Columbia
V3S 3P3 Canada
Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule work for all operators, ensure the availability of relief operators, approves vacation and monitors subordinates’ operation and maintenance of assigned equipment for adherence to departmental procedures and safety regulations.
- Maintains comprehensive record for each item of equipment with respect to down time, mechanical malfunctions and repairs necessary. Assembles reports on the suitability, reliability, availability and operating costs of various models of equipment.
- Contracts equipment rental places to provide replacements for incapacitated machinery, minimizing construction delay; coordinates the delivery of air compressors, pumps, tampers and other light equipment to the job sites as requested.
- Liaises with Mobile Equipment Services for the repair and maintenance of all equipment machinery. Ensures that routine maintenance, such as greasing, is performed by subordinates according to schedules.
- Assist manager in determining the required specifications for new equipment.
- Assists in interviewing potential employees, trains and evaluates new operators, and recommends subordinates for disciplinary actions.
- Performs administrative duties such as keeping time sheets, maintaining daily equipment logs and submitting manufacturer warranties.
- Ability to prepare and to make cost, material and equipment estimates.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as heavy equipment operator and/or experience as a Supervisor.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: