About Mnaamodzawin Health Services Inc.
Mnaamodzawin Health Services Inc. is a non-profit, primary health care provider. We’re committed to working with community members and groups, political leaders, and families to improve the health and wellbeing of the five local First Nation communities we serve. Our mission is to help strengthen communities by ensuring access to high-quality holistic services that promote personal, family and community health and wellbeing.
A Rewarding Opportunity Awaits
We’re currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Home Care team on a full-time basis. Based on beautiful Manitoulin Island in Northern Ontario, you will provide quality health care services to local individuals, families, and the community as a whole.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with other health care professionals to provide holistic care, focusing on achieving and maintaining optimal health
- Providing consistent, timely, quality and compassionate care
- Ensuring that all nursing services are sensitive and culturally appropriate to meet the needs of First Nations communities (Sheguiandah, Aundeck Omni-Kaning, Sheshegwaning, Whitefish River and Zhiibaahaasing)
Our ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and respectful of Anishnaabe customs, culture, and language, and will have five years of experience working as a Registered Nurse. A post-secondary education in Nursing and previous experience working in a community health or home care setting is preferred.
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing is essential, as is a valid driver’s license and current CPR and First Aid certifications.
If you’re looking to take the next step in your career and really make a difference to people’s lives, this is a great opportunity for you!
About the Benefits
Mnaamodzawin Health Services Inc. is offering the successful candidate an attractive salary package of $60,459 – $76,100, based on your qualifications and experience.
You will also receive a great range of benefits, including:
- 60% Group Life Insurance, AD&D and health services, including dental
- Pension plan
- 15 paid holiday days in your first two years, increasing to 20 days after two years then 25 days after seven years
- Two additional floating days, plus up to two days’ compassionate leave, four days’ personal leave, three days’ bereavement leave, all stat holidays and solidarity day on June 21
- Provision of all medical supplies plus laptop, blackberry phone, and iPad (if necessary)
- No uniforms required
Upon joining us, you will be welcomed into a supportive and inclusive team that listens and values each other’s ideas and input. This is a great opportunity to make your mark with an established and highly respected organization, while using your experience to have a direct and positive impact on the community.