Full-Time Term Position
Mistawasis First Nation
The Mistawasis Health Centre requires a Home Health Care Aide. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Home Care Nurse and also reporting to the Director. The Aide will work as a member of the Health Staff Team to ensure that services are delivered in accordance with policies and procedures set out by Chief and Council of the Mistawasis First Nation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide health care support to the Home Care Unit
- Work under the direction of the Home Care Nurse delivering health care programs as directed
- Prepare written reports and summaries of project activities.
- Prepare month-end reports and submit to the Health and Social Development Program Manager;
- Organize and maintain useful record of personal work activities (e.g. daily work log, weekly summary of activities, meeting, workshops, home visits and telephone calls, etc.);
- Attend and contribute to the regularly scheduled Health Unit meetings.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Work co-operatively, professionally with all other staff
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Successful completion of Home Health/Long Term Care Aide Course and or a combination of education & or work experience
- Must have computer skills
- Valid Saskatchewan Drivers License
- Must have access to a reliable, registered vehicle.
- Able to take direction and follow orders
- Must be mature, responsible, hard working, honest and respectful to members and supervisors.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Records Check (CPIC) when requeted
- Ability to be a positive team player and conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Full-time Term Position
Job posting closes on January 27, 2017.
To apply, please submit your resume to:
Mistawasis Health Centre
P.O. Box 148
Fax: (306) 466-2220
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.