Canada Summer Jobs
Home Support Program Assistant
(Clarington and Pickering)
We welcome ambitious reliable individuals to join our Home Support Programs this summer as Home Support Program Assistants!
The Home Support Program coordinates and delivers a wide range of community support programs to our clients such as, Meals on Wheels, Transportation, Foot Care Clinics, Luncheon Outs, Home Help and Maintenance and more. In this role, you may be assisting with the delivery of the annual Volunteer Appreciation event, which recognizes hundreds of local volunteers. You may assist with volunteer recruitment initiatives and promotion in the local community. You will be responsible for the coordination of client services including packing meals for volunteers and delivering meal routes in the community, assist with Foot Care clinics, and assisting at Luncheon Out events to name a few. Office support involves contacting clients/caregivers or volunteers and updating files, reviewing services and utilizing CCD’s database on a regular basis.
The successful candidates will:
• Apply organizational and strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
• Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
• Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
• Possess Valid Driver’s License (not learning permit)
• Have access to a vehicle on daily basis
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
• Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
• Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada