Home Support Worker
Surrey British Columbia
Salary: $17.50/hour for 40 hours a week
Terms of Employment:
• The job is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Days off: Saturday and Sunday.
• 2 weeks paid holidays, 30 minutes paid meal break. 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period.
• Free of cost in home accommodation can be provided, if needed
Home support worker required to take care of an elderly couple.
The candidate must be mature, honest, independent and reliable.
Work location: Private household in Surrey British Columbia
• Assisting with dressing and grooming
• Providing physical assistance
• Assist the couple in personal hygiene, like bathing and bowel care
• Accompany the couple to doctor’s appointments
• Prepare meals and light housekeeping for the patients
• Assist in activities of daily living.
• Perform routine housekeeping duties for couple such as laundry, washing dishes and making bed
Experience and Qualifications:
• Completion of the equivalent of the Canadian secondary school education (post-secondary education is an asset)
• At least six months of Caregiver training or at least one year of full-time paid experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation is required
• First Aid Certificate or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate will be an asset.
• Able to speak, write and read English
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
To apply, kindly email your resume by:
Mail: ATTN Harwinder Dhillon 9170 147 Street Surrey BC V3R 3V7