Employers’ address: Summershade Street, Brampton, ON
Work Location: same as above
Type of Employment:Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus as per the doctor’s instructions
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Assist client with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Assist client in water (i.e. pool)
- Administer medications
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Take client to communityinclusion activities and doctor’s appointmentsusing approved means of transportation.
- Be in constant communication with the employer due to the fact that the person receiving care is not able to talk.
- Act as an advocate for the client in identifying and ensuring that the client’s needs are met.
- Assist the client in daily routines and the activities of daily living as required.
- Plan and implement activities as per the Personal Support Plan (PSP) that meets the client’s recreational and leisure needs.
- Implement behavioural strategies as per the Behavioral Support Plan (BSP)
- Provide First Aid as required
- Constant supervision is required as client does not identify dangers
- Ensure that the client’s environment is safe and free of hazards
- Assist the client with banking and shopping
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: At least one year of full-time experience as a caregiver or personal care attendant is required
-Flexibility in schedule is required
-Occasional evening and weekend work required
-Valid driver’s licence is required
-First aid certificate is an asset
Salary:$16.00 to $18.00hourly, 40 Hours per week
- The home support worker will be responsible for the care of a 23-year-oldmanwith special needs who doesn’t communicate verbally and has obsessive and compulsive behavior.
- Client has a special diet provided by a doctor who is a specialist in nutrition due to thelactose intolerance, heart condition and autism disorder he suffers from.
- Work schedule varies depending on that of the employer who is a nurse: 5 days per week,8 hours per day. Split day shift might be:from 6:00AM till noon / from 4:00PM to 6:00PM. Evening shift might be: from 1:00PM to 9:00PM.Two days off on a rotational basis.
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment.
Apply by e-mail:email@example.com