1. Participates in gardening and landscaping in the field of horticulture. Reviews, selects and modifies methodology. Assumes responsibility for the technical aspects in the execution of these projects. draw sketches and build models of landscape designs
2. Performs a variety of specialized technical tasks related to horticultural; gardening and landscaping.
3. Performs duties related to care and maintenance of trees and shrubs. Maintains plants in greenhouses and fields as appropriate. Performs duties related to hybridization and seeding.
4. Maintains gardens and other areas. Prepares land, sows, weeds, and applies fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides. Sets up irrigation system.
5. Selects and harvests plants and fruits. Prepares and maintains them in cold storage.
Assists in the selection of plants for future crop generations.
6. Acts as a resource person, resolves problems and instructs others. Provides technical guidance and assistance concerning work methods, the use of equipment and techniques, and the analysis of results.
7. Compiles data – maintains records and files.
8. Maintains equipment and performs minor repairs. Arranges for servicing.
9. Maintains inventory. Recommends and purchases equipment and material.
10. Keeps abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
11. Operates equipment such as sprayers, roto tillers, seed cleaning equipment, irrigation equipment and pruning tools.
Education: Completion of a university or college program in agronomy, arboriculture, horticulture, landscaping, landscape design or landscape technology is usually required.
Experience as a landscape and grounds maintenance labourer may be required
A provincial license to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.
Apply by submitting resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org