BE A PART OF CANADA’S 150th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS!
Do you like meeting and interacting with people from around the world in a fun, inclusive and dynamic environment? Do you want to be at the center of Canada’s150th anniversary celebrations? Apply now to the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum! The opening of the Canadian History Hall and ongoing commemorations of the First World War Centenary is your chance to contribute to museological excellence and participate in history in the making!
Hosts / Hostesses
Temporary Part-Time Positions (weekdays, weekends and evenings)
Position Number 10355
We are looking for experienced Hosts/Hostesses to join our Visitor Services and Corporate Security Division. Reporting to the Team Leaders, your key responsibilities will include:
- Greeting visitors in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Providing visitors with general information concerning services, programs and exhibitions;
- Assisting with wayfinding and “plan your visit” support;
- Ensuring a positive visitor experience;
- Ensuring the safety of visitors and artifacts;
- Performing other related duties as assigned. The Canadian Museum of History offers you:
- A rewarding, fun and dynamic work environment;
- Opportunities to deliver content, such as school programs, guided tours, public programs and special events;
- Training on a wide spectrum of topics;
- Flexible working hours;
- Percentage in lieu of benefits.
Applicants should clearly demonstrate how they meet the following criteria in their cover letter and résumé, which are deciding measures of success for this opportunity:
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience providing quality customer service to a variety of audiences;
- Experience working as part of a team with a common goal;
- Experience working in a tourism setting such as a museum, attractions, hotel, etc…would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the principles of visitor services. Other conditions of employment:
- Provide a minimum availability of 24 hours a week (please note that the Museum does not guarantee a minimum number of hours upon hiring);
- Remain available to work shifts on weekdays, weekends, evenings and general holidays;
- Required to wear a Canadian Museum of History issued uniform.
Core competencies: Client Focus; Concern for Order and Quality; Effective Communication; Action Oriented; Teamwork and Collaboration.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates for showing interest in our Museum; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The Canadian Museum of History may keep the information received from candidates for consideration for other similar positions.
Bring your customer services expertise to this exciting opportunity at the Canadian Museum of History and be part of history in 2017. Apply as instructed on the website: http://www.historymuseum.ca/about/jobs/ under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $12.83/per hour – $15.50/per hour (Job classification: E1)
Language: This position requires the use of both Official Languages (French/English) B-C imperative. For a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our web site. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.