JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
Come join a dynamic and engaging team as the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum prepares for an exciting year to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary with the opening of the Canadian History Hall and ongoing commemorations of the First World War Centenary in 2017.
The Canadian Museum of History offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Hosts / Hostesses
Temporary Part-Time Positions (weekdays, weekends and evenings)
Position Number 10355
We are looking for experienced Hosts/Hostesses to join our Visitor Services and Corporate Security Division, starting in January 2017.
Reporting to the Team Leaders, your key responsibilities will include:
- Greeting visitors in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Providing visitors with general information concerning services, programs and exhibitions;
- Assisting with wayfinding and “plan your visit” support;
- Ensuring a positive visitor experience;
- Ensuring the safety of visitors and artifacts;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- The Canadian Museum of History offers you:
- A dynamic work environment;
- Opportunities to deliver content, such as school programs, guided tours, public programs and special events;
- Flexible schedule;
- Percentage in lieu of benefits.
Successful candidates hold a High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this opportunity:
Applicants should clearly demonstrate how they meet the following criteria in their cover letter and résumé.
- Experience providing quality customer service to a variety of audiences;
- Experience working as part of a team with a common goal;
- Experience working in a tourism setting such as a museum, attractions, hotel, etc…(would be considered an asset);
- Knowledge of principles of visitor services.
- Other conditions of employment:
- Provide a minimum availability of 24 hours a week (please note that the Museum does not guarantee a minimum number of hours upon hiring);
- Remain available to work shifts on weekdays, weekends, evenings and general holidays;
- Required to wear a Canadian Museum of History issued uniform.
Core competencies: Client Focus; Concern for Order and Quality; Listening and Responding; Sense of Urgency; Teamwork and Cooperation, Concern for Safety.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates for showing interest in our Museum; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The Canadian Museum of History may keep the information received from candidates for consideration for other similar positions.
Bring your customer services expertise to this exciting opportunity at the Canadian Museum of History and be part of history in 2017. Apply no later than October 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: www.historymuseum.ca/careers under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $12.83/per hour – $15.50/per hour (Job classification: E1)
Language: This position requires the use of both Official Languages (French/English) B-C imperative and an enhanced reliability check. For a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our web site. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.