The Hotel Managing Supervisor supervises and co-ordinates the day to day activities, and will report directly to Operation Controller.
Number of Hours: 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties to checking in and checking out of guests.
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring member adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest and emergency procedures.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings with all guest service staff daily.
- Ensure guest rooms are cleaned in a timely manner (with the help of housekeeping staff).
- Ensure front office log book is always updated and action upon.
- Ensure safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activities to security and hotel managers.
- Delegate tasks to clerks as needed.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure the quality operation.
- Ensure outstanding customer care at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Completion of High School.
- Minimum of 6 months experience handling the front desk operations in hotel industry is required.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills combined with high level initiative.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer service.
- Ability to work under stress, good at thinking quickly and sorting out problems on the spot and the ability to stay calm in a crisis.
- Able to work on own initiative.