- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
HR Technology Business Analyst
HR Technology Business Analyst
Date: Jun 29, 2020
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
37682 – Toronto – Regular –
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Hydro One HR Shared Services is the face of HR Services to all Employees, Managers, and the HR team. As a single point of contact, we aim to provide accurate answers, consistent and professional service, and timely resolution to HR related inquiries and issues. This position resides within the HR technology area and will be responsible for providing expert functional and technical support and guidance in the utilization of HR systems.
The HR Technology Business Analyst serves as technical point-of-contact and subject matter expert for Success Factors, ServiceNow and other HR systems. Responsibilities include system maintenance, system administration, implementation and system upgrades, documenting business processes and systems requirements, designing future business processes and systems requirements, systems configuration and systems testing.
System Support, Upgrades, Day to Day Administration
- Serve as lead technical subject matter expert and “super user” for HR systems applications and practices. Responsible for day to day HR systems support as well as implementing planned system enhancements.
- Provide support for HR systems including researching and resolving HR system problems, unexpected results or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions and alternate methods to meet requirement
- Manage the periodic updates for HR technologies to ensure updates are implemented and that the appropriate change management plan (communicating, training, reference materials, etc.) is in place.
- Vendor management may include: assist with monitoring of vendor compliance with SLAs, articulate business requirements for system enhancements/modifications, assist with the management of change orders from specification through to system release.
- Coordinate system related projects relating to new technologies, enhancements and upgrade activities, process improvements and new HR programs/policies.
- Assists with Project Management oversight for system enhancements and cyclical administrative processing. Works in conjunction with information technology, vendor and key business owners/stakeholders.
- Collaborates with vendor partners to evaluate, configure and test new functionality and interfaces, solve technical problems and manage priorities
- Plans, leads, coordinates and facilitates the UAT process for HR functions for new or existing system functionality and reporting
System Optimization & Consultation
- Partners with HR to ensure processes and systems meet business needs and communicates system features / functionality and best practices
- Provide technical expertise, support, and solutions in the utilization of all HR technology and applications across the HR team, including advising on system impacts when organizational policy changes are being considered.
- Gather requirements and proposed changes from stakeholders and determine appropriate requirements to support the system. Work with technology vendors to implement changes to ensure the effectiveness of the system.
- Enable success of the HR team by providing strong knowledge of HRIS principles, analytics, and process improvement with an orientation towards solving business problems through the use of technology.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HR systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems, materials and techniques and make recommendations regarding new processes and systems to improve efficiency.
- Proactively explores and identifies new system features or functionality and vets with stakeholders as needed (including the validation and enablement of new releases)
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Computer Science, Business, or related fields or equivalent professional education/experience is required
- PMP Certification is a plus
- 3-5 years HRIS experience with focus on system implementations, system administration and project management with the desire to learn new systems and create efficiencies in HR processes.
- Comprehensive technical skills with a variety of HR technologies; preference ServiceNow, Success Factors.
- Proven experience in all phases of the implementation lifecycle in HR systems projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – ability to structure and conduct interviews to gather requirements; analyze the requirements and define scope and deliverables.
- Team player – willing to pitch in when needed to help on projects, tasks and initiatives; enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Results driven – commits fully to the job and is dedicated to developing and delivering outstanding work; focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence
- Solid interpersonal and relationship-building skills – can develop trusted relationships with many constituents, build credibility quickly, and partner effectively with others
- Strong project and time management skills; able to manage workload efficiently to fulfill commitments in a timely manner; must be flexible to work within fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: July 14, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: