We are currently looking for a reliable, compassionate and caring caregiver, for a full-time In-Home position who understands the importance of meeting the needs of our elderly mother. Our location is on Royal Orchard Blvd and Doral Gate, Thornhill, ON, Canada. The ideal candidate will be a committed individual who is experienced, cheerful and has excellent communication skills as he/she administers care for our beloved mother.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with the elderly;
- Secondary school diploma;
- First AID/CPR Certificate;
- Availability to work overtime upon request;
- weight handling up to 45-60kg (100-132 lbs);
- Demonstrate a high level of responsibility and organizational skills.
- Personal care to a senior woman, such as aid in ambulation, bathing, personal hygiene and assist dressing and undressing;
- Administer bedside and personal care;
- Plan and prepare therapeutic diets and menus, feed or assist in feeding;
- Provide companionship;
- Patience, compassion, and sensitivity to the daily needs of the elderly is required;
- Support with administering medications;
- Assist in mobility, fitness and light exercise;
- Accompany to doctor’s appointments, park, and etc;
- Shop for food and household supplies;
- Launder clothing and household linens;
- Perform routine housekeeping duties, such as laundry, washing dishes and making bed;
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Working Hours: 30 hours/week
Hourly Rate: $16.00, overtime rate paid after 44 hours a week.
Optional accommodation available at NO CHARGE on a live-in basis. Note: this is NOT a condition of employment.
Indigenous people and Newcomers to Canada are encouraged to apply.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
NON SMOKING and FRAGRANCE-FREE ENVIRONMENT IS STRICTLY OBSERVED.
This position is a two-year position and available immediately. The successful candidate will require at least one experience related reference and a criminal record check.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org