In-Home Caregiver required to assist in caring for a 43-year-old disabled male. The home is near 41st Ave & Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC.
- Education: Equivalent of Canadian secondary school or higher
- Credentials: Caregiver Training Certificate or Diploma of at least 6 months or equivalent if no previous work experience as a Caregiver
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year work experience in this field if no formal training as a Caregiver;
- Languages: Must be able to speak English.
- Assistance on activities of daily living;
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals (up to 3 per day);
- Prepare and dispense medications;
- Accompany to doctor’s appointments and therapies;
- Shop for food and household supplies;
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens;
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties;
- Travel with family on trips as required;
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home;
- Assist during family emergencies
OTHER: Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, evenings and weekends required, 30-40 hours of work per week. For the duration of employment, the in-home caregiver has the option to work and reside at employers’ private home in Vancouver, BC. If so chosen, private and furnished accommodation will be provided at no cost to the in-home caregiver.
WAGES / BENEFITS: $17.50 per hour and WCB Coverage
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail resume to:
321 – 470 Granville Street
Position open and available to aboriginal youth, new immigrants, and persons with disability.
**Please indicate in your resume whether or not you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada