Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurudwara Association
8115 132 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 4N5
Salary: $22.50/Hourly for 40 hours a week
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full-time position.
Language: Basic English
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 2
Job Location(s) 8115, 132 Street Surrey, British Columbia V3W 4N5 Canada
Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurudwara Association, Surrey, BC is looking for Indian Cooks (2 positions) to join as soon as possible.
The Indian Cooks will have to perform all of these below given duties:
– Prepare and cook vegetarian Indian meals, individual dishes and foods in the Gurudwara kitchens as per instructions for serving to the huge crowds of devotees daily.
– Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers, volunteers
– Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
– Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.
– Oversee kitchen operations
– Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
– Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
– Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
– Set up and oversee buffets
– Clean kitchen and work area
– Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
No formal education required. 2 or more years of experience in commercial cooking or a diploma/certificate in Cooking with at least 1 year experience or 3-4 years of apprenticeship program in Cooking is required.
Must be able to speak basic English.
Knowledge and extensive experience of Indian cuisine especially Vegetarian dishes will be real asset. However, we encourage all candidates with required commercial cooking background to apply. You do not have to be from Indian cooking only. All commercial cooks are
Welcomed to apply.
Free meals on premises. 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period.
How to apply
Interested applicants please email resume to email@example.com or drop-off or mail to ATTN Office 8115 132 Street Surrey, BC V3W4N5