Ministry of Jobs, Trade & Technology
Indigenous Economic Opportunity Analyst
Salary $61,358.64 – $70,016.90 annually
This is a temporary opportunity until approximately February 1st 2019. Regular employees must have their supervisor’s approval prior to applying on the temporary opportunity. This posting is not limited to the geographic area. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply.
An exciting opportunity to apply your exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
The Analyst, Indigenous Economic Opportunity will contribute to the work of the Design, Coordination and Outreach (DeCO) Branch supporting and facilitating Indigenous peoples and First Nation communities’ participation in the economy. This contribution will include DeCO’s role in hosting the Indigenous Business and Investment Council (IBIC) secretariat, the Federal-Provincial-Territorial Working Group on Innovation and Economic Development’s Indigenous Economic Development Sub-Committee, and other indigenous economic and business development initiatives. The position’s primary duties shall include:
- Support for the secretariat’s activities including meeting and event logistics
- Staffing the IBIC booth at industry and First Nation trade shows and events
- IBIC website management, including support for advertising, marketing and social media engagement.
- Participating at events hosted by IBIC partners, such as workshops, forums and educational events.
- Providing support for the Ministry’s ongoing policy work and activities for Indigenous economic development
- Significant public engagement with indigenous business and community leaders and community members across the province.
Qualifications for this role include: