Your primary responsibilities as an Information & Technology Integrator (Application Developer) will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Perfective, adaptive and corrective maintenance and development of custom, multi-tiered, multi-platform software solutions.
- Analyze, design, develop, and sustain standards for information technology solutions to meet business objectives.
- Perform all aspects of enterprise level application development and sustainment throughout the application lifecycle, including analysis and design, object-oriented methodology, modeling, relational database management and technical program specifications
- Develop, model and apply information structures, database schemas, network and security interfaces, architectural frameworks and technology standards for enterprise systems for staff and clients and accessed by other municipalities
- Evaluate, design, develop, test, reassess, deploy and sustain information technology solutions to integrate with business objectives
- Develop and apply business and application models and network and security interfaces according to legislative requirements and industry standards, in order to support service to the public
- Lead various stages of projects and direct project staff. Liaise with divisional, corporate, and provincial staff, project managers, stakeholders and team members to formulate and execute project plans and ensure successful delivery of solutions through proper coordination, planning, implementation and quality assurance
- Recommend, implement and practice security, privacy and quality assurance requirements consistent with MFIPPA and divisional and corporate standards regarding storage and processing of confidential data and information outputs
- Recommend technical policies and procedures and feasible options regarding program specific requirements
- Evaluate commercial software development tools and recommend purchases to meet business needs
- Ensure availability, integrity, performance and reliability of Divisional and enterprise systems and data
- Recommend and implement disaster recovery procedures to ensure the availability and integrity of systems and applications
- Evaluate, design and implement legacy application interfaces and legacy application conversion to ensure that divisional and enterprise production systems are updated to meet evolving business requirements
- Ensure integrity, availability, performance and reliability of applications, data and system infrastructure for all divisional and enterprise systems, for all users including users with disabilities
- Conduct analysis, develop recommendations and implement solutions to address identified business issues related to information processes, data flows and information delivery
- Develop quality assurance and integration testing on new applications and revisions to ensure optimal application performance and compliance with business requirements
- Analyze patterns and trends in problems encountered by users to identify and address common user issues. Develop recommendations and implement solutions to address recurring problems
- Lead and facilitate meetings; prepare and deliver presentations and reports
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Considerable experience programming in a large, diverse computing environment, systems analysis and web application development and maintenance.
- Experience in n-tier application programs, interfacing programming, business logic and data structures.
- Experience creating program specifications and code documents including use cases, flowcharts, entity relationship diagrams, and application prototyping.
You must also have:
- Excellent knowledge of analysis and design techniques and system development methodologies for large scale software development. Advanced knowledge of web technologies including server technologies, programming languages, site design tools, and application development framework.
- Knowledge of Social Assistance delivery systems and related technologies, Divisional infrastructure and workstation configuration as it relates to application development, troubleshooting and support would be an asset.
- Thorough understanding of Graphical User Interface design concepts and development in the Windows and Internet browser environments.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and cooperatively with others in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work within time constraints and prioritize project tasks.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2263514 and the job classification title.