- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Information Technology Techn
Information Technology Tech
Date: Mar 26, 2020
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Company: Hydro One Networks Inc
35922 – Barrie – Rotation – Ongoing
Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
- Perform equipment installations.
- Load operating and application software.
- Manage incoming help desk requests via telephone and electronic messaging.
- Perform equipment repair work in the computer maintenance shop.
- Carry out equipment modifications in accordance with Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s).
- Perform trouble-shooting activities.
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Maintain records, procedures, packaged software, reference and maintenance manuals related to systems operation.
- Prepare presentation materials.
- Perform routine procedures, such as operating system conversions, upgrades in software and deletions from server files, which impact on the majority of system users.
- Investigate and trouble-shoot system failures and malfunctions.
- Review and arrange or demonstrate programs to users, address their concerns and implement approved systems as instructed.
- Provide a support function to divisional staff.
- Install, test and evaluate new/upgraded software and equipment.
- Deliver training to new or existing users as required.
- Requires experience to be familiar with the practical aspects of installation, maintenance, repair, modification, and troubleshooting work for a variety of computer equipment including desktops, laptops, communications equipment, local area networks and peripherals.
- Requires knowledge of English to communicate effectively with users to prepare and deliver informal presentations, to provide assistance, and to prepare and update documentation.
- Requires experience with MS Office and Visio.
- Requires experience in Windows 7 administration and support and Active Directory.
- Requires familiarity with tape backup systems.
- Familiarity with Symantec Netbackup by Veritas would be an asset.
- Requires experience with desktop, laptop and server imaging tools; familiarity with Symantec Altiris products would be an asset.
- Requires experience with utilities, commands and application software to perform assigned installation and maintenance activities.
- Must be capable of working as part of a team and independently.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired in a grade XII education plus up to 2 years further concentrated study in relevant courses, or equivalent education.
- A period of up to 4 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and the ability to travel to remote sites is necessary.
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Deadline: April 13, 2020
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: