Matawa First Nations Management
One (1) Year Contract
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Matawa First Nations Management requires an Infrastructure Specialist for the Toronto Service Centre. The mandate of the Corporation is to provide technical and enhanced advisory services to the Unaffiliated First Nations in Ontario. The primary role of the Infrastructure Specialist will be to conduct new and renovated housing inspections, provide advisory services regarding residential construction including building science and energy efficiency, O & M, Minor Capital, some aspects on Major Capital, training, housing policy and related government programs. The Infrastructure Specialist will report directly to the Operations Manager.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Assist communities with the project management of community wellness infrastructure projects.
- Conduct plans examinations and inspections on new housing at the required stages of construction as well as advise and inspect on renovations.
- Assist and advise on residential construction projects including building techniques, energy efficiency, contract administration and funding.
- Assist member First Nations in understanding the level of information required in inventory collection and verification of AANDC’s Integrated Capital Management System (ICMS) and the Capital Asset Management System (CAMS) including Asset Condition Reporting System (ACRS) as well as maintenance management.
- Assist and advise on government program funding and reporting.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a College Diploma in the Civil Engineering or Architectural Technology/Technician or other related specialty.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in similar field/areas of expertise.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in project management (preferably certified)
- Must demonstrate construction experience
- Must have experience working with First Nation communities and have a good understanding of First Nation culture.
- Knowledge of government programs available to First Nation communities.
- Strong knowledge of residential construction techniques and building science.
- Experience in theory and practices in operation and maintenance of community building, water and sewer systems, landfills/refuse sites, roads/bridges and other community services.
- Certification as an R-2000 Professional, Energy Advisor and/or Energy Star Advisor is an asset.
- Must be highly self-motivated with excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to operate computers and a variety of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD (asset).
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, have the ability to travel extensively throughout Ontario.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 4:00 p.m. (EST)
Please mark very clearly on the envelope “INFRASTRUCTURE SPECIALIST” and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax (807) 344-2977 your Resume/Curriculum Vitae to:
Wesley Bova, P.Eng, Manager of Technical Services 233 South Court Street Street, Thunder Bay, ON, P7B 2X9
We thank all applications, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted.