Installation and Repair Technicians- Telecom
Jay-Smart Technologies Inc.
11338 89 Avenue Delta BC V4C 3G1 Canada
Terms of employment: Permanent, full-time
Salary: $32.50 per hour for 40.00 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246)
NOC Job Title: Installation And Repair Technician – Telecommunications
All over lower mainland with business address 11338 89 Avenue Delta BC V4C 3G1
Jay-Smart Technologies Inc. based at 11338 89 Avenue Delta BC V4C 3G1 Canada operating all over lower mainland are currently hiring 04 permanent full-time Installation and Repair Technicians- Telecom to join immediately
- Install of fibre optic cabling and knowledge of InR, GPON, ADSL and POTS
- Inspect and test operation of telecommunications equipment
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarmsystems
- Diagnose and locate equipment faults, and adjust, replace or repair telecommunications equipment
- Install, maintain and repair household and business electronic equipment such as alarm systems, access control systems, video systems, Ethernet wireless and wired networks, computer equipment and peripherals
- Installation and service of complex electronic/electrical systems
- Perform regular tests on systems to ensure all components are running well
- Ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools, assessing installation site
- Travel to remote locations all over lower mainland B.C. for service and installation projects
- Keep track of inventory and supplies of equipment
- Install, remove and maintain various telecommunications equipment and related systems such as CCTV camera systems, security alarms, data network, telephones, audio video systems and other telecommunications equipment
- Meeting with customers on a daily basis to diagnose an issue
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Completion of a two year college electrical and electronics program and several months of on-the-job training or Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship training program or 2-3 years of work experience in the trade is required.
• Good communication skills in English are required.
• BC Class 5 Drivers license is an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
Benefits: As per collective agreement and BC Employment Standards Act, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation annually or the option to choose 10 days of paid vacation annually with no vacation pay on each pay period. Overtime rate of 1.5 times is applicable after 40 hours of work per week.
How to Apply
Eligible candidates are requested to apply immediately via:
Mail: 11338 89 Avenue Delta BC V4C 3G1