The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is currently looking for a dedicated, energetic Instructional Coach to join our hard working team who work collaboratively and diligently to improve education for all First Nations students in BC. Since 1992, FNESC, led by a strong and diverse board of over 100 First Nations community representatives, has worked in partnership with the First Nations School Association (FNSA), and the Indigenous Adult Higher Learning Association (IAHLA). Communications, research, partnership-building, resource development and advocacy are all part of the work we do to advance issues in First Nations education.
Duties and Responsibilities
Direct School Support
- Make connections and liaise with teachers/early childhood educators in K4 programs;
- Support/coach Early Childhood Educators and early learning teachers;
- Liaise with Regional Principals and be part multi-disciplinary team;
- Assist with the development and implementation of instructional rubrics for early learning;
- Assist with program transitions to full-time K4 settings;
- Travel regularly to schools to work with First Nations school staff and communities to support teachers and best educational practices;
- As directed, provides additional professional development to First Nations school professionals through presentations and workshops at conferences and meetings.
- Participate in meetings and school based teams as a member of the Instructional Services team.
Other Duties: As requested within the same scope and level.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ECE Certification is an asset;
- BC Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive;
- Experienced (3-5 years) K4;
- Comprehensive understanding of First Nations education issues and First Nations issues in British Columbia;
- Knowledge of current standards, trends, issues, best practices, philosophy and techniques in education;
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills.
This is a full time contract position. The Employee shall perform his/her duties at such places and during such times as may be reasonably necessary. Extensive frequent travel is required throughout the province of BC.
Regionally based within the province of British Columbia.
The salary for this position is $46.50 per hour.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.