The Department of General Studies at Yellowhead Tribal College is seeking a full time Administration and Governance Instructor.
Yellowhead Tribal College is an inclusive and open learning institution in Treaty 6 territory. We provide accredited programs in a flexible, supportive academic environment that nurtures FNMI cultures and traditions. The college was established in 1986 by Yellowhead Tribal Council to meet the educational needs of its member nations (Alexander First Nation, Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation, O’Chiese First Nation, and Sunchild First Nation). We now offer academic upgrading, certificates, diplomas, and post-secondary courses and degrees to all adult learners.
Under the direction of the Department Head of General Studies, the Indigenous Bachelor of Administration and Governance Instructor will carry out the duties expected from the Department Head and the instructional needs of the Indigenous Bachelor of Administration and Governance programs. The incumbent will be responsible for the instruction of courses, course development, participation in committees, meetings, and student advising in the Indigenous Bachelor of Administration and Governance programs.
Applicants should possess the following education and experience:
- Two years of post-secondary teaching experience preferred or extensive sessional instruction
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities of a managerial professional in an administrative/governance setting
- Computer literacy, particularly in Office Suite, Google Applications, and SMART boards.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent human relation and student engagement skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Cultural competency in an Indigenous Education setting
- Extensive knowledge of Indigenous culture and issues
- Administrative experience