Investment Services Representative : 00008QRE
Employment Type: Regular
Provide exceptional client services and ensure client satisfaction by attending to clients’ needs in an efficient and professional manner. Take ownership of all calls and resolve/follow-up all client issues accordingly as well as pro-actively identify and analyze customer needs and cross-selling opportunities to ensure high client service levels, growth and retention of business.
Impact on the Business
- Verify credit and compliance policies for each client account prior to executing various investment transactions effectively and accurately.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Maintain strong relations with HSBC colleagues and act as liaison between areas
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to policies, standards and procedures established by the Firm and regulatory bodies.
- Strive for continuous improvement in client service as measured by Quality Call Standards.
- Achieve and maintain strong industry product knowledge through mandated continuing education requirements. Maintain solid understanding and awareness of internal policies, procedures and new initiatives
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Completion of a post secondary education.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook Examination (CPH) or registered with the IIROC
- Completion of/in the process of completing the Derivatives Fundamentals and Options Licensing Course (DFOL)
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals/techniques of equity, fixed income, option, and mutual fund trading, and the applicable rules & regulations sufficient to trade securities for the public.
- Working knowledge of the marketplace, including current conditions & trends in the Canadian & U.S. stock and bond markets.
- Previous experience working directly in a highly client driven environment, typically acquired with at least 6-12 months experience in a call center environment.
- Sales Experience is an asset
- Fluent in English
- Second business language skills in Cantonese, French, and/or Mandarin are an asset.
- Well developed organization and prioritization skills. Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks within a dynamic deadline environment.
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated high-level customer service oriented approach.
- Willingness to work flexible, extended hours and weekends as required
- Capacity to speak/understand French as well as English fluently.
Job Field : Customer Service
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region vacancy
Job Posting : 14-Feb-2017, 11:18:25 Unposting Date : 28-Feb-2017, 23:59:00