- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
ISL 14R – Customer Support Analyst
ISL 14R – Customer Support Analyst – (57584)
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V8W 2S8 CA
Customer Support Analyst
Information Systems R14
Up to five (5) vacancies
Posting Closing Date: Applications will continue to be accepted until a closing date is determined. The closing date will be published with 5 days’ notice.
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The IT Customer Support Analysts are responsible for the front-line IT customer support for the LDB organization, keeping the business running during IT incidents and reporting on current issues and statuses. These analysts provide front-line service management and incident management enabling all LDB users/customers to use multi-environment/platform computer resources in support of LDB strategic goals.
Reporting to the Supervisors, Support Centre, these positions’ primary purpose is to provide 24×7 technical call centre support in an efficient and accurate manner. The positions are the LDB’s front line and will provide support for internal and external LDB Customers and solve tier one technical problems across IT’s portfolio of applications and dependent processes with a goal to reduce downtime of internal and external customers.
These positions are also responsible for the communication process that covers on-going service interruptions and outages to ensure that both IT and the business are aware of current state, next steps and final resolution.
A criminal record check is required.
Please note: Auxiliary Customer Support Analysts are expected to be available for daily recall. Please clearly indicate your daily availability in your cover letter by completing the availability table below and pasting it into your cover letter. Candidates with limited availability may not be considered.
|MONTHLY AVAILABILITY – Please list hours|
For all day availability – mark ‘ALL DAY’ in the ‘AM’ column
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition. (Also, please ensure you have filled in the Availability Table and pasted it into your cover letter)
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Bruce Christensen, Manager, Support Centre, Information Technology – IT Shared Services, by phone at 604 252-3419. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcliquorstores.com
Education and Experience
- Relevant Post-Secondary education that includes sufficient IT related courses and a minimum of one year of recent related experience in an IT Service Desk (Call Centre) environment or certificate of successful completion in a recognized IT Service Desk (Call Centre) training program. A combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- You must have worked in a customer-focused environment with direct interaction with customers
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware issues with a focus on Point of Sale hardware, including thermal printers; touch screens, CPUs, servers, printers, monitors, scanners (handheld, flatbed, prism) etc.
- Experience with help desk call tracking and IT service management (ITSM) software
Preference may be given to candidates with in-depth experience with any of the following:
- Retailer of similar size
- JDA Store (Veras Retail) Point of Sale solutions
- Wholesale Supply-chain technologies
Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong IT foundation – operating systems, basic computer principles, data bases, etc.
- Strong office-tool proficiency
- Strong email and collaboration tool proficiency
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve complex issues
- Proven ability to extract needed information from the conversations with customers and document relevant information
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm and focused
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse team, where productive relationships are developed and maintained
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to positively communicate in a polite and concise manner (in person, on the phone, within a team)
- Ability to communicate in business terms so customers understand how a technical issue impacts them
- Ability to document clearly and concisely using proper grammar
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: