Customer Support Analyst – Kamloops & Burnaby
Auxiliary “if and as when” required
IS R14: $26.38 – $29.85 hourly
Up to five (5) vacancies
Posting Closing Date: Applications will continue to be accepted until a closing date is determined. The closing date will be published with 5 days’ notice.
Up to five (5) Auxiliary positions
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain. Effective October 17, 2018 the LDB has added wholesaling and retailing of non-medical cannabis –named LDB Cannabis Operations to the existing business of wholesaling and retailing of Liquor.
LDB’s Information Technology Division (IT) provides reliable, responsive and secure systems and services to support LDB in operational excellence and delivering superior customer service.
The LDB’s Information Technology Division consists of six departments and 23 distinctive units, with 200+ FTEs. IT has adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages a combination of internal and external expertise, including outsourced services, contracted services and shared services, to deliver the IT mandate of supporting current operations and future business needs. Strategic plans, governance of standards and risk management are all developed internally to support Divisional and Corporate goals.
The IT Customer Support Analysts are responsible for the front-line IT customer support for the LDB organization, keeping the business running during IT incidents and reporting on current issues and statuses. These analysts provide front-line service management and incident management enabling all LDB users/customers to use multi-environment/platform computer resources in support of LDB strategic goals.
Reporting to the Supervisors, Support Centre, these positions’ primary purpose is to provide 24×7 technical call centre support in an efficient and accurate manner. The positions are the LDB’s front line and will provide support for internal and external LDB Customers and solve tier one technical problems across IT’s portfolio of applications and dependent processes with a goal to reduce downtime of internal and external customers.
These positions are also responsible for the communication process that covers on-going service interruptions and outages to ensure that both IT and the business are aware of current state, next steps and final resolution.
A criminal record check is required.
Please note: Auxiliary Customer Support Analysts are expected to be available for daily recall. Please clearly indicate your daily availability in your cover letter by completing the availability table below and pasting it into your cover letter. Candidates with limited availability may not be considered.
|MONTHLY AVAILABILITY-Please List hours
For all day availability – mark ‘ALL DAY’ in the ‘AM’ column
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition. (Also, please ensure you have filled in the Availability Table and pasted it into your cover letter)
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Bruce Christensen, Manager, Support Centre, Information Technology – IT Shared Services, by phone at 604 252-8870. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcliquorstores.com
Education and Experience
- Relevant Post-Secondary education that includes sufficient IT related courses and a minimum of one year of recent related experience in an IT Service Desk (Call Centre) environment or certificate of successful completion in a recognized IT Service Desk (Call Centre) training program. A combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- You must have worked in a customer-focused environment with direct interaction with customers
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware issues with a focus on Point Of Sale hardware, including thermal printers; touch screens, CPUs, servers, printers, monitors, scanners (handheld, flatbed, prism) etc.
- Experience with help desk call tracking and IT service management (ITSM) software
Preference may be given to candidates with in-depth experience with any of the following:
- Retailer of similar size
- JDA Store (Veras Retail) Point of Sale solutions
- Wholesale Supply-chain technologies
Equivalent combinations of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong IT foundation – operating systems, basic computer principles, data bases, etc.
- Strong office-tool proficiency
- Strong email and collaboration tool proficiency
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and resolve complex issues
- Proven ability to extract needed information from the conversations with customers and document relevant information
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm and focused
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse team, where productive relationships are developed and maintained
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to positively communicate in a polite and concise manner (in person, on the phone, within a team)
- Ability to communicate in business terms so customers understand how a technical issue impacts them
- Ability to document clearly and concisely using proper grammar
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement