Senior Client Computing Analyst
Information Systems R18
Burnaby, Temporary, greater than 7 months
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain. Effective October 17, 2018 the LDB has added wholesaling and retailing of non-medical cannabis –named LDB Cannabis Operations to the existing business of wholesaling and retailing of Liquor.
Reporting to the Client Computing, Team Lead, the Senior Client Computing Analyst provides hardware and software technical support and problem solving assistance necessary to the Management and users of LDB systems and applications that link Head Office with the organization’s warehouse and retail outlets.
The nature of this position is to resolve and troubleshoot complex technical problems for both computer hardware and software; to provide involvement and advice on more complex issues with end user technology such as desktop computers, laptops, tablet pc, smart phones and also configuring complex management systems for imaging desktops, patching and updating software for both physical and virtual desktops and infrastructure. This position provides BC Liquor Stores with technical services in relation to Retail Management System (RMS) issues and store renovations, adds, moves, closures, and wine festivals; and is actively involved in the Asset Management process and application(s). This position acts as the primary resource for I.S. management and configuration tools/consoles such as System Center Configuration Manager, Shavlik, Virtual Centre etc, as required and requested.
Work schedule may include evenings, weekends & overnights, rotating between job sites.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement of this competition. An eligibility list may be established. A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Maria Estrera, A/HR Advisor, Talent and Compensation Department, Human Resources by phone at 604-252-8524. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- A diploma or degree in IT or Computer Sciences or related disciplines with two (2) years of recent related experience in resolving and troubleshooting complex technical problems for both hardware and software; physical and technical installations of computer equipment and working within a complex IP network OR four (4) years of related experience combined with related courses from a recognized IT institute or school.
- Experience working with MS Office, System Centre Configuration Manager, Virtual Center and an assortment of IS management tools and consoles.
- Experience in Virtual Servers and other virtual systems such as Citrix, VMWare and Hyper-V
- Experience with Active Directory Domain Services
- Experience and familiarity with SCCM for management and deployment
- Experience in PCI compliance
- Experience with Citrix XenDesk and XenApp
- Experience in WAN/LAN technologies
- Experience in multiple OS technologies e.g. Microsoft, MacOS and Linux
- Experience with Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Experience gathering metrics, producing reports and asset/inventory management
- Working knowledge of “retail systems”
- Understanding of Data Centre technologies such as Racks, Power Distribution Units, HVAC, UPS systems, etc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills are required
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical personnel, verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team, where productive working relationships are developed and maintained
- Ability to produce results within deadlines and with limited or no supervision.