Senior Client Computing Analyst
Information Systems R18, Burnaby
Temporary, greater than 7 months, Full Time
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, two BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service
LDB’s Information Technology Division (IT) provides reliable, responsive and secure systems and services to support LDB in operational excellence and delivering superior customer service.
The LDB’s Information Technology Division consists of six departments and 23 distinctive units, with 200+ FTEs. IT has adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages a combination of internal and external expertise, including outsourced services, contracted services and shared services, to deliver the IT mandate of supporting current operations and future business needs. Strategic plans, governance of standards and risk management are all developed internally to support Divisional and Corporate goals.
Reporting to the Client Computing, Team Lead, the Senior Client Computing Analyst provides hardware and software technical support and problem solving assistance necessary to the Management and users of LDB systems and applications that link Head Office with the organization’s warehouse and retail outlets.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement of this competition.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Dara Chau, Client Computing, Team Lead, Information Technology – Infrastructure & Operations by phone at 604 420-8386. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
A diploma or degree in IT or Computer Sciences or related disciplines with two (2) years of recent related experience in resolving and troubleshooting complex technical problems for both hardware and software; physical and technical installations of computer equipment
Four (4) years of related experience in resolving and troubleshooting complex technical problems for both hardware and software; physical and technical installations of computer equipment combined with related courses from a recognized IT institute or school
- Experience in server virtualization platforms including VMWare VSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with server roles, including Active Directory, Group Policy, Print Services, File Services, and DFS
- Experience gathering metrics, producing reports and asset/inventory management
- Experience with application, patching and OS deployment using System Centre Configuration Manager
- Knowledge of payment industry regulations/standards: PCI DSS.
- Experience with Netscaler, Citrix XenAppDesktop 7.x
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Experience in networking concepts and services such as VPN’s, WAN/LAN and TCP/IP
- Experience in multiple OS technologies e.g. Microsoft, MacOS and Linux
- Working knowledge of “retail systems”
- Experience with monitoring protocols such as SNMP, WMI, ICMP
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent writing, organization, and communication skills are required
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical personnel, verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team, where productive working relationships are developed and maintained
- Ability to produce results within deadlines and with limited or no supervision.