***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.***
Intermediate Developer, Oracle – Developmental
Information Systems R21
Geographically Restricted: No
Security Screening: Required
Why work with us?
At BC Pension Corporation, we are committed to our people. We are an organization with wellbeing at its core; offering an outstanding workplace experience where all employees can achieve their full potential. Some highlights of what we offer include:
- Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family, including 100% employer paid MSP premium coverage
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
One in nine BC citizens is a member of one of the five pension plans we serve
To learn more about us and how you can be a part of a culture that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What is the opportunity?
This is an opportunity where the successful applicant will be appointed to either the Developmental IS21 level or the Intermediate IS24 level, depending on their education and experience relevant to the position.
Reporting to the Team Leader of Oracle Development, the Intermediate Developer (IS24) will participate in the software development lifecycle and contribute to the technical design, development, enhancement and maintenance of BC Pension Corporation’s information systems and services. This position is responsible for the delivery of software during the design, development, testing and implementation phases of projects throughout the systems life cycle.
The Developmental level (IS21) incumbent will participate in the software development lifecycle and contribute, under the mentorship of a Senior Developer, to the technical design, development, enhancement and maintenance of BC Pension Corporation’s information systems and services. This position is responsible for the delivery of software during the design, development, testing and implementation phases of projects throughout the systems life cycle.
With a structured learning and training plan and subject to satisfactory performance, incumbents appointed at the IS21 level are expected to attain the level and qualifications of the Intermediate level within two years.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor degree in information technology, computing science, or similar field and two years of related experience; OR
- Diploma in information technology, computer science, or similar field and three years of related experience.
- Certificate in information technology, computer science, or similar field and four years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and five years of related experience.
- A minimum of two years of recent practical experience that includes:
- Producing software systems using Oracle Forms and Reports 11g/12c, or Pro*C to transform concepts into viable solutions;
- Participating in full systems development life cycle projects using standard methodologies.
- Bachelor degree in information technology, computing science, or similar field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience may be considered.
- Experience developing software systems using relational database technologies.
- Developing database-driven solutions using SQL and PL/SQL
- Developing shell scripts using BASH.
- Developing application solutions using BI Publisher.
- Working with source code management technologies like Subversion.
Interested in applying?
To learn more about the Intermediate Developer, Oracle position, please review the job description at the bottom of this page.
Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history to clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements as listed above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job-related responsibilities.
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at email@example.com. Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level. An eligibility list may be established.
Testing may be required.
We thank you for your interest in working with us. You will be informed of your status in this competition as soon as possible
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.
How to apply to this job