- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
ISL 24R – Business Analyst
ISL 24R – Business Analyst – (58621)
Information Systems R24
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent or temporary vacancies.
The Information Systems Branch is responsible for providing strategic IM/IT leadership for the Justice and Public Safety Sector, and for the provision of IM/IT services to support our sector program areas and stakeholders. The branch includes the MCIO, IT Security, Privacy & Operations, Strategic Initiatives and Client Services.
The Client Services Division is responsible for client engagement, relationship building, and support in delivering successful business outcomes. Key services include strategic investment planning, vendor management, service design and quality assurance. Day-to-day services include IM/IT project support, coordination services with our vendors and central agencies along with an upfront role in ISB to ensure our services are meeting client needs.
This position will provide technology planning, business analysis, systems design and client support services. Provides technical and project management expertise for multiple, concurrent, medium sized projects from initiation to completion.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Nancy.Allen@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent education in the computer science field or a combination of IM/IT related education and working experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing and maintaining client communication networks, managing relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience providing business analysis related to integrated custom applications with complex business processes.
- Experience in project management methodologies.
- Experience in application design and development life cycle;
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in any or all of the following areas:
- ITIL certification
- PMI (Project Management Institute) or equivalent project management experience, certification or training
- Agile Methodology
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Enhanced Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: