Business Analyst, Order and Data Management
Information System R24
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to utilise your leadership expertise in a dynamic team environment
The Service Management Branch, within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, ensures the right processes, people and technology are in place so that the organization can meet its business goals. The Branch focuses on four distinct areas: Client Services, Order and Data Management, IT Incident/Change/Problem Management, and organizational Business Continuity. This Business Analyst role resides within the Order and Data Management Team.
The Business Analyst – Order and Data Management is responsible for:
* Providing leadership and guidance in the lifecycle management of critical government IT assets.
* Advocating for quality and integrity of asset related data across varied business areas, and to promote understanding of responsibility relating to the management of information.
* Managing and maintaining complex asset data and organizational hierarchy structures including related financial aspects.
* Leading ongoing continuous improvement of Order Management related data operations by employing various techniques including LEAN and ITIL Continuous Service Improvement.
* Designing and recommending Order Management related business/process/workflow models and developing internal business processes and procedures.
If you are an effective leader and communicator with analytical and problem solving skills, we encourage you to apply to this challenging and rewarding opportunity.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Steve.Wilson@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience providing business analysis related to integrated custom applications with complex business processes.
- 5 years of experience with financial systems and understanding of: accounting principles including general ledger structures/coding; accounts receivable and billing, fiscal year end processes.
- 2 years of experience with managing and completing updates to complex data in a mission critical IT system environment.
- 2 years of experience supervising a team of business analysts including assignment of work, development and evaluation of performance plans and approval of leave.
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following related experience (within the last 4 years):
- Experience with the Province’s current order management systems and processes;
- Experience with the Province’s current financial systems.
- Experience writing and executing SQL queries.
- Experience with managing change related to government re-orgs.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.