Business Systems Analyst e-Commerce
Information Systems R24
Regular Full Time – Vancouver
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Business Systems Analyst e-Commerce (BSA) provides analysis and consulting services to plan on-going business and technology needs consistent with BC Liquor Distribution Branch’s strategic plans.
Reporting to the Manager, e-Commerce and Digitization, this position evaluates small to medium business systems initiatives and ensures clients requirements and priorities are understood and met throughout the systems development life cycle. The position is responsible for completing detailed end-to-end business analysis on small to medium business systems initiatives, obtaining clear definition of business requirements, developing cost-benefit/alternative analysis, risk assessments, recommendations, and preparing branch standard documentation. The position also identifies time frames, resources/ budget requirements and presents findings to both the Information Technology department and the business.
Possesses an understanding of e-Commerce systems, omni-channel digital technology and digital ecosystem trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to supported business units to improve operations and enhance the LDB’s competitive edge.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline and/or certification in business analysis (e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certified Competency in Business Analysis) combined with a minimum of three years of recent, related experience*. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
*Recent, related experience must include:
- Business analysis including working with business users and subject matter experts to produce requirement, gap analysis, business process design, business rules and other analysis work products.
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle and systems development life cycle.
- Experience with enterprise Ecommerce systems and multichannel Ecommerce operations
- Experience with customer facing technologies, web, mobile and digital in-store technologies
Preference may be given to those candidates with experience working with one or more of the following business systems and processes:
- Experience with multiple of the following business systems and process is required:
Hosted cloud ecommerce systems, integrations, applications, interfaces processes: WCMS, PIM, Payment, Order Management, Marketing Tooling, Digital Merchandizing, Email and Transactional Messaging, Shipping and transportation,
- Analytics and Reporting, Inventory management, Customer Care and Service CRM
Retail – POS, Inventory, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, Assortment Planning.
Wholesale – Demand Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management Systems, Labour Management, Replenishment, Inventory Management, Customs, Excise.
Corporate – Finance (A/R, A/P, G/L, Data Management, Audit, Purchasing), HR (Recruitment, Payroll, Training & Learning, Labour Relations, Occupational Health & Safety).
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, e-Commerce web platforms and digital ecosystems
- Expert knowledge of the following tools: MS Office, MS Project, VISIO
- Knowledge of IT systems and trends in information technology
- Knowledge of business modeling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis methodology
Preference may be given to those candidates with knowledge of:
- Branch and Government business systems and processes (i.e. RFP, Budgeting) preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal /relationship management skills to gain acceptance from all levels within the organization of planning strategies, recommended solutions and getting agreement on priorities and requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex information effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.
- Strong ability to produce detailed written documentation.
Contact: Amin Nanji, Director Enterprise Solutions
Phone: 604 252-3408
Visit Careers at: www.bcliquorstores.com