***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.***
Intermediate Business Systems Analyst
|Branch: Information Technology Services
|Job Type: Regular Full Time
|Classification: Information Systems R24
|Salary Range: $68,195 to $77,751 per annum (salary includes a 6.6% temporary market adjustment)
|Security Clearance: Required
|Closing Date: September 6, 2019
|Geographically Restricted: No
Why work with us?
At BC Pension Corporation, we are committed to our people. We are an organization with wellbeing at its core; offering an outstanding workplace experience where all employees can achieve their full potential. Some highlights of what we offer include:
- Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family, including 100% employer paid MSP premium coverage
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
One in nine BC citizens is a member of one of the five pension plans we serve
To learn more about us and how you can be a part of a culture that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What is the opportunity?
The Intermediate Business Systems Analyst is a key member of the IT team that provides expert advice, support and technical expertise to business representatives and technical staff (project managers, solution architects, developers and quality assurance personnel) in managing the design, development and enhancement of the core business applications of the Pension Corporation. This position provides advice and ensures understanding in areas of business analysis, systems design, support and IT leadership to clients. The Intermediate Business Systems Analyst gathers business requirements, interprets them, develops and implements technical/functional specifications.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology and two years of related experience; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and three years of related experience; OR
- Certificate and four years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and five years of related experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an business system analyst role that includes:
- Developing business systems / functional specifications for large custom applications / systems;
- Delivering systems enhancement and maintenance activities within demanding timelines;
- Experience in gathering and documenting business requirements / functional specifications; and
- Working with change management.
Nice to Have
- Pension industry, pension plan and pension administration application experience or similar large custom application experience would be considered and asset.
Interested in applying?
To learn more about the Intermediate Business Systems Analyst position, please review the job description at the bottom of this page.
|Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements as listed above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Contact: Human Resources
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at email@example.com .
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level. An eligibility list may be established. Testing may be required.
We thank you for your interest in working with us. You will be informed of your status in this competition as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.