Middleware Administrator, IS R24, Vancouver, Regular, Full Time
Salary: $61,665.45 to $70,367.02 per annum PLUS 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain. Effective October 17, 2018 the LDB has added wholesaling and retailing of non-medical cannabis –named LDB Cannabis Operations to the existing business of wholesaling and retailing of Liquor.
LDB’s Information Technology Division (IT) provides reliable, responsive and secure systems and services to support LDB in operational excellence and delivering superior customer service.
The LDB’s Information Technology Division consists of six departments and 23 distinctive units, with 200+ FTEs. IT has adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages a combination of internal and external expertise, including outsourced services, contracted services and shared services, to deliver the IT mandate of supporting current operations and future business needs. Strategic plans, governance of standards and risk management are all developed internally to support Divisional and Corporate goals.
Reporting to the Senior Middleware Lead, the Middleware Admin is responsible for providing the LDB supports in installation, administration, and maintenance of the organization’s mission critical Middleware portfolio (Jboss Middleware, Wildfly, Oracle OSB, Oracle SOA and Fusion Middleware etc.).
The Middleware Admin works in a high-profile, dynamic, results-oriented environment on a challenging program that is strategic in nature and wide in scope.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement of this competition. For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sherry Zhao, Manager Database Services, Information Technology – Business Analytics & Data Services by phone at 604 252-3270. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology or related area, or a combination of related experience and formalized education.
- Minimum 2 years recent (occurring in the last 5 years) experience as an Middleware Admin or Analyst or heavily involved in Middleware management
- Oracle WebLogic or Jboss / Wildfly Application Server
- Various Oracle Technology Stack including Oracle Internet Directory, Single Sign-On, and Oracle grid
- Unix/Linux environments, preferably HP-UX and Red Hat Linux
Preference will be given to those candidates with:
- Oracle databases 11g+
- Oracle Fusion technology, including Weblogic, OSB & SOA
- Glassfish Server
- Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC)
- Active DataGuard, standby and high availability
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- MS SQL Server
- Windows OS, including Windows cluster
- Knowledge of Middleware
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Knowledge of Information Management and Data Management principles practises and processes
- Knowledge and experience of Software development
- Ability to diagnose and resolve issues/problems related to Oracle applications, databases and associated tools
- Ability to deal with clients in a courteous, respectful and professional manner
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently as well as being part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage work tasks and achieve results within agreed timeframes
- Ability to conduct research, risk analysis and recommend appropriate strategies/solutions
- May be required to work shift work and to be on standby. Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.