Information Systems R24
An eligibility list may be established.
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
As a member of the Technology and Business Transformation Branch in the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training this role will plan, implement and manage infrastructure technology solutions across multiple platforms, program areas and a variety of systems environments, including configuration, installation and integration services.
Analysts may be assigned to projects and operational work maintaining and performing changes in the workplace technology environment, sometimes as part of a team or in a lead capacity. The analyst will be expected to participate in application development projects for both new and existing systems, to lead the implementation of the technologies and infrastructure used to deliver them, to monitor and maintain them thereafter, and to enforce the Ministry’s software development life cycle processes that govern these activities.
If you thrive in an environment dedicated to cooperation and teamwork, and enjoy working towards group and organizational goals, we look forward to your application
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Marijan.Sajko@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in computer science, business or another IT related discipline plus 2 years of *related experience; OR
- Diploma or certification in computer science, business or another IT related discipline plus 3 years of *related experience; OR
- Secondary school graduation plus 6 years of *related experience.
*Related Experience Includes four or more in the following:
- Experience with UNIX/Linux Operating Systems , JIRA, Apache, Tomcat, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Forms and Reports, Oracle Database, XML Gateway, Adobe Experience Manager Forms, and System Development methodology(s).
- Experience with the following Microsoft technologies: Server OS, Dynamics 365(CRM Applications, CRM Architecture and Integration, CRM Configuration and Customization), IIS, Report Services, Team Foundation Server, SQL Server and SharePoint.
- Experience with firewall rule management, integrating applications in complex environments.
- Experience using JIRA, Team Foundation Server, Jenkins and similar continuous integration technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting, designing, implementing software/hardware and management solutions.
- Experience documenting infrastructure business processes.
- Experience in problem resolution relating to hardware, software, operating systems, middleware, and network components.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with customers and colleagues in a clear, concise manner.
Preference may be given to applicants with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Windows Server admin
- Redhat Linux
- UNIX administration and UNIX shell scripting
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) Developer (Forms, Solutions, Plugins, Reports, Infrastructure)
- MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server Reporting Services
- Scribe Insight (Data migrations and integrations)
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Siteminder, ACL/Firewall, IIS, DNS
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) or GitLab
- AGILE and DevOps, continuous integration and deployment
- .NET Web Development in C# (MVC/Web API)
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES — Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.