Information Systems R24
One (1) full-time position available
Position located in Victoria, BC
An eligibility list may be established
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
The Technical Analyst is involved in a technical stewardship role with Device Services under the Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The Technical Analyst provides expertise for problem resolution escalated through governance bodies and manages to resolution; leverages extensive technical experience to resolve complex operational issues in a large enterprise environment; applies significant experience with workstations, servers and networking to develop, create and maintain technical documentation; provides technical expertise related to the acquisition and servicing of infrastructure technology products and related services; assists with development of computer systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards; provides advice and counsel to branch and ministry staff, clients and vendors; provides strategic technical direction to the outsource provider.
The ideal candidate will practice discretion, be self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, capable of managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines and thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment. If you have the required skills we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with stunning beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Michael.Swift@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Completion of a four (4) year Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum of five (5) years of recent demonstrated experience* in an enterprise environment; OR
- Other combination of education, demonstrated experience and/or training may be considered.
*Demonstrated experience must include:
- Experience creating client facing highly technical documentation.
- Experience investigating and resolving complex IT integration challenges in an enterprise environment with numerous stakeholders.
- Experience resolving highly technical operational issues in an enterprise environment.
- Experience troubleshooting, testing, and implementing software and hardware solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows in an enterprise environment including Active Directory, device management processes and data network concepts.
Preference may be given to applicants with one (1) or more of the following:
- Extensive recent experience in a large enterprise environment that includes endpoints in excess of thirty thousand devices.
- Demonstrated experience with a centrally managed enterprise anti-virus solution.
- Some experience with project management and change management.
- Experience leading working groups comprised of technical subject matter experts.
- Experience with Threat and Risk Assessment (STRA) and/or Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) in government.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
***PLEASE NOTE: The inability to follow instructions during the assessment stages will be graded with any deficiency precluding further consideration in the application process. Aural, verbal and written communication skills during all phases of the competition will be reviewed and included during the assessment process***
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.