Corporate Data Warehouse Developer
Information Systems R27
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
The Ministry of Children and Family Development’s Information Management and Corporate Data Warehousing (CDW) section focuses on enabling the right information is received by the right people at the right time in a secure privacy protecting manner to support Operational and Strategic decision making across the Ministry. The section has two main focus areas are: Data and Information Architecture and the maintenance of ministry’s Corporate Data Warehouse. The Ministries CDW is implementing new data sources, new technologies and leveraging existing custom developed and commercial solutions.
In this position you will lead the technical design, development and maintenance of the Ministry’s data warehouse and integrate data from various applications including multi-dimensional data cubes. If you are an IT professional seeking a challenging career building opportunity in a productive team environment, we look forward to your application. This is a position where you will have significant opportunities to showcase and enhance your systems development expertise using technologies such as Git, Java-Script, Python, HTML 5 and MySql and Oracle data base .
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ken.Reimer@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, in the Computer Science field and one year of related experience or Diploma in the Computer Science field and 3 years of related experience or Certificate in the Computer Science field and 5 years of related experience. An equivalent combination of Education and Experience may be considered
- NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES).
Relevant experience must include:
- Experience designing and developing data warehouse components such as Extraction, Transform and Load (ETL) processes, data marts, dimensional and/or flattened data models
- Experience developing visualizations to effectively convey data
- Experience in data modelling, process modelling, and/or business area analysis techniques.
- Experience with Oracle 11 g DBMS or higher or MySQL V5.5 or higher
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Experience developing policy or standards documents.
- Experience supervising or leading small teams responsible for projects and/or assignments.
- Willingness to provide on call 24-hour support during peak periods.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire